Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Victorias Secret 2 Piece Coral Lace Bikini Swimsuit Womens Sz 36b Top & Lrg Bttm
- ZARA AW18 MIDI FLOWING PLEATED SKIRT WITH CHAIN SCARF PRINT SIZE S BNWT BLOGGERS
- ( Ref 226 ) Ted baker - Size 3 ( 12 ) - Brown White Spotted Sleeveless Dress
- BETSY & ADAM 249 Womens New 1161 Light bluee Floral Mesh Dress 4 B+B
- Fashion Women 3 4 Sleeve Ball Gown Evening Host Embroidery Long Dress Party
- LEG AVENUE PICARDIA MINI VESTIDO RED CON CREMALLERA LENCERIA women CALIDAD
- Multi colord Sequins Hourglass Long Sleeve Dress
- P.E Nation Sprint Vision Legging NEW COLLECTION
- Topshop Embroidered Poplin Bardot Dress - Red
- WINDSOR Red Prom Evening Formal Pageant Gown 3 4
- Anthropologie Pilcro Superscript Flare Jeans Size 27
- Coquette Sexy black senza Coppe Sottoveste Babydoll con Pizzo Demi & Giarrettiere
- Freya Liebt Aa1013 Wp Bügel Bh Gepolstert Halbes Körbchen white + 30 Gg Cs
- LA PERLA purple silk beaded bra size 38b NEW WITH TAGS
- Steampunk Skirt Cosplay costume Goth Irregular Chains Bag Rivets Belt Shorts
- Steampunk Skirt with Shredded Raw Edges
- Steampunk skirt, elf skirt, pixie skirt, gekko mini skirt, goa skirt, FESTIVAL
- STEAMPUNK SKIRT, long fairy skirt, pixie skirt, GEKKO skirt, maxi skirt
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with