Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Womens French Stripe Taylor Hipster Paris Red Sz XS
- Simone Rocha Knotted Skirt Draped Gathered White Size (US 4) NWT
- Ultimate Travel Pants bluee, Congreenible Pants, Multiway, 1=10 by Kameleon pink
- Womens Silk Kimono Blouse Coat Paisley Cardigan Beach Cover Up Tops Cape 30+ NEW
- AVENUE Cage Sleeve Floral Sheath Dress Womens Plus Size
- Big Boy Fort Valley State Wildcats S2 Ladies Jersey Tee
- Fila Platinum Tennis Skort MSRP 75 New
- Lipsy Lace Trim Maxi Prom Bodycon Dress With Frill Skirt 8 BNWT RRP
- NEW Victoria's secret Pink New Logo Campus Slouchy Pant color Green NWT XSmall
- Phase Eight 8 Vestido black women Largo hasta la Rodilla Formal
- Tory Burch Red Tribal Ikat Tunic Dres size 2 Bergdorf Goodman Ethnic Boho
- Free People Dress Natasha Lace Bodycon New with Tags FREE SHIPPING SIZE XS
- FREE PEOPLE Dress Ruby Crochet Lace Mini Ivory Cream Size XSmall Medium Large
- FREE PEOPLE Dress S LACE VOILE Slip Trapeze Tunic Top Ruffles Dots Layer NWT
- Free people dress size 10
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with